Module 3
The challenge that I have selected for my Course Project (Major Assessment) is “The Impact Single Parent Families Have on Parental Involvement”. I selected this challenge because a friend of mine’s husband committed suicide in the garage of their home. His survivors are his wife, 4 sons and 2 children. Four of the children are in school and two have graduated high school. As researchers have suggested, parental involvement has a great positive impact on a child’s academic success. How do schools support families that resemble this one? How can a single widow get or remain actively involved in their child’s school life? How can the school environment help a family like this cope and live a life that society considers normal? I believe that schools should take a stronger interest in families who have lost a parent and offer resources and support. How do schools (educators) begin working with a family such as the one I described?
The challenge that I have selected for my Course Project (Major Assessment) is “The Impact Single Parent Families Have on Parental Involvement”. I selected this challenge because a friend of mine’s husband committed suicide in the garage of their home. His survivors are his wife, 4 sons and 2 children. Four of the children are in school and two have graduated high school. As researchers have suggested, parental involvement has a great positive impact on a child’s academic success. How do schools support families that resemble this one? How can a single widow get or remain actively involved in their child’s school life? How can the school environment help a family like this cope and live a life that society considers normal? I believe that schools should take a stronger interest in families who have lost a parent and offer resources and support. How do schools (educators) begin working with a family such as the one I described?
No comments:
Post a Comment