Monday, June 22, 2015



 “Never say that you can't do something, or that something seems impossible, or that something can't be done, no matter how discouraging or harrowing it may be; human beings are limited only by what we allow ourselves to be limited by: our own minds. We are each the masters of our own reality; when we become self-aware to this: absolutely anything in the world is possible.  ― Mike Norton

The quote above summarizes my overall experiences in this course. As an educator, I am charged to build reciprocal relationships with children, families, and community members in an effort to foster the best growth in every area for children. I have learned that I must be culturally responsive to every child and families and to understand the background or home life of the child.

Issues related to risk factors hit home for me personally, helping me to look at my self and my experiences to create learning experiences for the children I serve. I enjoyed every Laureate Video File. The videos gave me the in-class feel that I needed to deeply understand content information for each Module.


The most applicable to my work as an early childhood professional is learning that I am the catalyst to help children dealing with difficult situations, be resilient and to be the best person that they can be. I am so thankful for Dr. W and my awesome classmates who helped me to deepen my understanding of Influences of family, culture, and society in Early Childhood Education….

No comments:

Post a Comment